Being a women in my mid-twenties, I know for a fact that girls grow with a huge complex and discernment about themselves and their actions. We want everyone to like us, appreciate us because we supposedly need validations from the day we are born. We need validation in choosing our lifestyle, our clothes, the vacations we need to take, the deadline of our safety. Just that we take these validations first from our parents and then from the man we marry. Don’t we?
Not worrying about coming out as a feminist, attestations are more distinct when it comes to females. Clear-cut males have their own battles to fight, I would make us-ladies the focal point here in this article.
With a will to live a guilt-free life and marvel, telling these things helps me as well.
- Stop trying to fit in the cover of a man– Women empowerment being a significant topic of discussion now a days, there is a huge flaw in our approach in wanting to empower them. To all the ladies– Look down at your body. Is it different then that of a man? I suppose yes then why are we trying to fit in their sheath. Yes, women have been oppressed for a long time but now that we are getting freedom to shape our own cover, why are we not taking advantage of that and still practicing to fit ourselves in-the-already available case which doesn’t even fit our body appropriately, far our actuality.
- Marriage is not the only way to have a successful life- If you are like most women, you have a dream to get married and have beautiful kids. Now respecting that way of life utterly, I truly believe there are many other ways to lead a happy-successful life even if it ends you living by yourself or some bawdy friends. Will that be too bad??
- Loving your parents doesn’t mean living life as per them– Most girls are very sensitive to emotions and dense close to their parents. You can be close to your family and simultaneously they don’t necessarily have to define you. You are not a “nasty” daughter for the shear reason of leading your life as per your preferences. “Nasty” may-be to some old-aunties but what the heck, there is no harm in being nasty sometimes.
- You don’t need to become more beautiful for the world to see you- So many beautiful girls think they need to reduce weight, have long and healthy hair, have flawless skin only then will they become beautiful. A person is beautiful from perception so be the beholder-look at yourself in the mirror and appreciate beauty.
- Size zero is not pretty- Most of us treat food as our enemy. Eating food will not make you fat, far from it actually. Eating food will do everything that defines beauty in its true sense.
- You can’t protect yourself- With the number of molestation and trafficking cases that are broadcast-ed over the television, it is only natural being a girl to think you need protection. But do you really? Keep a peppermint, learn some defense and make responsible choices and you should be good to go for now. Also a fact, millennial generation is living in the most safest times in the history so don’t take the hype of the media as a fact.
- Your sexual choices don’t make you a slut- Whether you had sex with your serious long term boyfriend or a friend, it doesn’t make you a slut. If you come from an Indian society then your sexual status defines your credibility of a good wife. Just smile and forgive all those who think like that. Mother Teresa once said, “There are many different forms of poverty in the world”. Excuse those people as they are poor in perception.
- Revealing (If) uncomfortable clothes don’t make you look more attractive- We try to fit our body in clothes which make us uncomfortable at heart but hot outside. Your comfort is worth being less beautiful.
- Don’t hold on to the guilt of mistakes- I personally am a serious offender of this one. I made mistakes and I lived with the guilt for too long even when I had done all that I could on my part. Mistakes don’t make you the worst, what you do after committing them defines you legitimately.
- Adventure is not just for the boys- Adventures are good not just because they involve travelling to such scenic places but it helps face your fears, defines fun for you and your rigid boundaries. We are so conscious of our actions and how the world will perceive us that we forget to really enjoy and do what should be our birth right living in a free world. Hence said, Grab your girlfriends and plan a trip this winter.
- Holding on to toxic relationships and friendships– Being nice to everyone even if those relationships are poisoning you is not healthy. You not only end up wasting your energy and time but the same unhealthy people influence you in ways that are only visible looking backwards.