Efficiency comes when you binge on the couch and pig-out muffins—You Wish!!!
Has Binge ever pushed you into the Bunge soo deep that it almost looked impossible to climb out???
If it has, then you are one of those extremely disciplined and clean people who can withstand no-food and no-bathing for days without having the slightest of guilt-trip.
Binge-ing can get the best of the best people hooked. That makes me ponder!!
What is it about Binge-Watching that gets us go on this spree??
Not just that, it convinces us to side-way all the important task and make space to place our laptop on that work table. You wake up the next morning with a character hang-over and a wild craving for more screenplay-munchies.
My first Binge was Friends. Religiously many followed right after that- How I met your mother, suits, prison break, breaking bad, GOT, House of cards, The Big Bang Theory, 90210, Gossip Girl. Let’s not go on the road and give you more ideas of my list to scarf you out.
The fact is, you are here reading this article to convince yourself that you can watch a series without really getting hooked to it like a mania. Take it from one of the horses mouth, “You Can”.
Not without binge-efforts of course.
Reasons to go on a Binge
You: Why are you motivating me to get more addicted to binge-watch?
Me: I can’t get you more addicted than you already are!! This is just my weird way of showing empathy.
- Uncanny plot- I love mystery!! I’m sure you love it. And why shouldn’t you?? The mystery of “what happened to who” is always fun to unravel especially when the danger is contained in the series and does not affect our real lives.. Also in most of these plots, the wrong doer always pay to the piper and the morals remain absolute giving us a sense of satisfaction about our world.
- Choose your play identity- I have been a Khalesi, Jon Snow and Arya Stark, all in one hour of an episode. I enjoyed all the perks without really being burnt, killed or blinded. Not going to lie about it, I felt the emotions through the waterworks and the drama.
- Careful what you wish for– Not required! You can wish to mimic a serial-killer, a dragon, a wolf, a corporate-rich lawyer, a Brooklyn rookie, a drug addict, a nerd, a casa-nova or a Pope, just you wish!! Or do you have a wish to attend a plaza, some other planet?? You can fulfill that as well.
You don’t have to be careful while wishing, you just have to be innovative and find your fruit.
Why stop the Binge-a-Bong?
- Post Binge Syndrome- Once you stop watching a series, you miss the amusement so much that your own life looks boring and gloomy. It is not easy to snap yourself back into the routine after feeding that appetite all the binge. It may give you a perspective to look at things in life but not one thing changes until you stop purging.
- Reality, Work and Goals taking a back-seat in your imaginary Ferrari- Your real life becomes still as a mouse, resting on that futon waiting for you to plop up and take charge. You see hard-working people in all these series while your life is rotting worthless even if it is for a week.
- Too much guilt- My habit of Binge-watching was at its peak when I was in college. I would come to my dorm and watch episode after episode with a constant anxiety and restlessness that this is not a productive if I want to have a marvelous life.
- Time- You keep complaining that you are short on time and then you invest so much time in an imaginary show. You are only going to be a week older or a month older once you finish a season or a series.
How to unhinge yourself from the Binge?
- Stop the episode in the middle when its getting little boring- Don’t watch the whole episode. The directors are well skilled to know how to end an episode in a way that the audience cannot wait to know the upcoming. Don’t fall prey to that and watch only a part of an episode.
- Watch it only if you deserve as a break and not an escape– You watch after hustling hard the whole day and no-one should be allowed to stop you. In-fact here is a loud applaud. Go watch the whole episode right now!!
- Have an interesting book on stand-by- My suggestion would be a fiction, may be Sidney Sheldon, H.P.Lovecraft or Stephan King. The mystery in their books often gets me more hooked then a series. Why prefer reading over watching fiction? Read this to know more.
- Go out for a workout or some random hubbub, you will instantly realize the difference between real-life and binge-life!!
Break the Binge!!