How many times have you heard someone say,
“Childhood was the best time of my life?”,
“I miss the days when things were more simple and fun”.
Can’t say about you but I have heard it quite a few times,
And guilty as charged- I also wish sometimes to go back in time and feel something twice. Just to treasure it and stroke that memory. Unable to help it aswell!! I was a child riled up in my own style while growing up and it was kind of fun, senseless but exciting. Then the pressure of having friends, good marks, boyfriend, career slowly started sucking the relentless style of my life.
For those of you who have seen, “The curious case of Benjamin Button”, I don’t really need to explain my reference here. And those who are too “Busy” to watch it- the protagonist is born old and with each passing year, he becomes younger until one day, he is a toddler who dies. That in my opinion was not the worst way to die. I was so inspired after the movie, I looked for real life examples of this fictional character.
Have to express my little disappointment for that!
Now that there was no possibility to be the Benjamin Button, I thought to look towards the next possible thing, “Noticing children”
Because I would rather see this world from the eyes and heart of a child.
Okay, I have my data from observing them! But to be honest children are wild and they are chubby. So no denying that I am having a hard time following them.
Want to know what I am following?
- Flush the Fear- When I was a child, I jumped from the top floor of my “High” Bunk bed for my entertainment. I have had stitches at 6 places on my head falling from the same swing. Not saying I can medically afford to heal that fast now, it’s about the courage.Children do such dangerous things without much fear of dying while we fear dying even when we make our lives safe and sound in almost every-way.
- Playing and laughing- My niece can spend 5 hours watching the same toy do different things. Most of you will out rightly say, what a waste of time? She is enjoying, she is happy and she is mindful. Isn’t that all we adults are aiming for?
- Warm Touch is Trust for them. Is it the same with you? Do you trust someone until and unless they have checked off at-least 20 criteria’s in your list?
- Little things is happiness- Buying a candy is a moment of happiness, If you are as lucky, even playing with 10 coins makes your day.
- Attachment and detachment is constant and continuous- I like this toy, then I like that toy, and then the next one- while the last one is lying in some corner. It baffles me why parents spend so much money on these toys. Every family should have an infirmary of toys. Just get a new one from there, doesn’t even matter if its broken.
- Fresh inquiry- If you think all children ask stupid questions, you should spend a day in kindergarten. They ask some quite inquisitive questions and they don’t care if the answer is so obvious or idiotic.
- You think all the crap you want- Did any child ever act in any different way just so a high standard adult like you or me doesn’t perceive them as stupid?Nope, that’s because they don’t care!!!
- Failure are forgotten- Observe a toddler who is learning to walk. There is no remorse of the first fall or the fiftieth fall.
- Embarrassing will get embarrassed- Whether it is dancing brainlessly and some cases nervelessly, the only thing that can embarrass them is Yes, “Nothing”.
What are you aiming for?
Dying Young in Old or Old in Young???
“For what it’s worth, it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be”-Benjamin Button.